JakeTBear

Hello,

We recently encountered an issue when attempting to export an animation that contains an image with a "ñ" (alt+1+6+4 to create the character)

It seems that Spine actually ignores the ñ in its editor, but when exporting the atlas it does with the ñ included, this creates a discrepancy when attempting to use the import option in Unity, saying an element is missing (the element with the ñ in its name).

It wouldnt be too much trouble to change the name, but sadly a lot of the elements are mesh deformed in the animation and attempting to rename the element makes Spine to lose reference, making us lose the mesh animation.

Any ideas on how to solve this issue? thanks for reading :)
JakeTBear

Pharan

I'm seeing something different.
It looks like the atlas file may have been encoded in a different way.
But both the json and the altas file have ñ visible in Notepad.
the atlas file's ñ's break in Unity inspector, but in the json, it looks like it's intact.

EDIT:
You can open the text files in Notepad or MonoDevelop and save them with Encoding: UTF-8 and it seems to fix it.
I only had to do it with the .atlas.txt file but if that's not enough in your case, try doing the same with the .json.

Make sure you do this before you import into Unity so it will do the import automatically and correctly.

I've already let Nate know.

---

attaching a test case file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pharan

Nate

Spine v3 displays ñ properly. It is also exported properly in the JSON, binary, and atlas files. It is strange that Unity doesn't recognize it, but this seems like a Unity problem. Is there a way to tell Unity the file encoding? I see the ñ just fine opening the files in Notepad++.
Nate

Nate

Pharan

Yeah. The text is definitely intact when they're exported from Spine. They show up in Notepad, Notepad++ and MonoDevelop.
But the json is UTF-8, and the atlas is ANSI? Is that right?

Quick search showed that Unity TextAssets have issues with special characters in ANSI. http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/textasset-and-encoding.39830/
Pharan

Nate

Hmm, the atlas file was using the OS default charset. I've changed it to UTF8 in 3.0.09. None of the files use a BOM.
Nate

Nate

JakeTBear

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply.

Thank you for your support, we were able to get this sorted :)
JakeTBear

Return to Bugs